Friday, September 25, 2009

Tastes Like Chocolate?

1 small package of bacon (the real kind, I don't want no turkey substitute)
Vermicelli pasta
1/2 sweet onion
fresh green beans julienned
balsamic vinegar
sugar
parmesean cheese

This one was a collaborative effort. My friend came over for dinner, and we were trying to eat cheap by making food from what we had. I knew we needed some protein to avoid hunger after two hours, so I asked her to bring home the bacon. She suggested we cook with balsamic vinegar. At first I disagreed, but I was trying to be reasonable and not a control freak, so I suggested we cook it in the bacon with sugar to caramelize it. Do not, I repeat, do not, add the balsamic vinegar to the heating oil, it will sizzle up and burn the crap out of you. After the bacon was almost done frying we added more balsamic vinegar and sprinkled a bit of sugar on it. The bacon turned out delicious, surprisingly un-bacony, and super crispy. It wasn't until the end of the meal that I realized it kind of tasted like chocolate.


No comments:

Post a Comment