Sunday, June 5, 2011

Dill Jalapeno Cole Slaw



Last weekend I was invited to Hampton Bay for Memorial Day weekend by a friend of mine. One of the people on the trip is a food stylist, and she cooked some amaaaazing food. My favorite of her dishes was a cole slaw with green and red cabbage, shredded carrots, scallions and lots and lots of dill. Today I attempted to recreate this deliciousness, but couldn't help but add a few things.


1/2 red cabbage diced
1 carrot shredded
3 jalapenos finely diced
1/2 cup sliced scallions

Combine the above ingredients and set aside. For the jalapenos, you can de-seed them. I felt like growing some hair on my chest today, so I left all the seeds in. What I really love is this lime mayonaise.


1/2 cup low-fat mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
juice of 1 lime


Thoroughly blend the mayo, sour cream and lime juice, then add to the cabbage mixture.


No comments:

Post a Comment